Do you know a fun way that allows groups of people to stream content simultaneously? If not, then the answer to that would be Teleparty. With synchronized playback and a shared group chat, you can now watch Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO Max, Hotstar, Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, Peacock TV, and YouTube with your family or a group of friends. Furthermore, it allows you to watch TV remotely with your far-flung friends and family.
Teleparty Chrome extension is a tool that syncs everyone's video playback to watch the same thing simultaneously. Additionally, this is a global service accessible to everyone with a currently active subscription to any of the aforementioned streaming services.
But what is the complete concept of this watch party extension, and how to use Teleparty? We'll cover everything you need to know in this post. Stay tuned to learn more.
To enjoy a thrilling virtual watch party, install Teleparty, which enables group online TV viewing. However, only a few are familiar with how to utilize the plugin. Here you can find the complete walk-through of everything related to the Teleparty Extension.
Now follow the below step-by-step instructions to host a watch party via the Teleparty add-on.
1. From the Chrome Web Store, get the Teleparty Extension. Apart from that, you can download and install the extension by clicking here.
2. Please pin the extension on the browser's toolbar after installation is complete.
3. Now, log in to your subscribed streaming service account. Further, ensure that the host and attendees have access to the common OTT platform.
4. Next, search for and start playing a movie or series you want to enjoy with your watch party friends.
5. After that, visit the browser from the video playing screen. There, click the extension icon to create a watch party.
6. From the drop-down menu, tap on the "Start A Party" button to create an invitation URL.
7. Following that, copy the invitation link. Then, please share it with your friends & family or anyone you want to attend your virtual party.
8. Lastly, click on the shared link to join the watch party.
The host can decide whether to exert or relinquish total control over the video playback of the watch party. Thus, using the "Only I Have Control," you can determine the entire administration.
An icon that functions as a representation of you, much like an avatar, will be provided. If you would like, you can change that profile icon. Furthermore, you can keep a nickname for your profile as well.
As mentioned earlier, you may now host watch parties by co-streaming films or television shows. Furthermore, a shared group chat will be available, and you may watch content from leading streaming platforms in a synchronized playback. Here are some things to have in mind before beginning a Teleparty.
1. Individual OTT Subscription
To join a watch party effortlessly, the people you invited need to have their individual streaming accounts. Therefore, make sure that everyone has signed up before choosing the movie by conducting a short poll. Furthermore, password sharing won't work. However, you can use an account that allows streaming for two or more devices.
2. Watch Party Control
Everyone who is invited will be able to control their playback. However, the host can decide otherwise. The host has the option of being the only one with the ability to pause, play, rewind, and fast-forward the ongoing content.
3. Group Chat
You can customize the group chat by changing the user icons and original usernames by using available avatars and keeping a moniker. Like in any other group chat, participants may express themselves and have a good time by using GIFs and emoticons and sharing their thoughts.
1. Tell your friends not to post or share the Teleparty link online. Anyone who knows the URL of your Teleparty can join because there is no password protection.
2. Teleparty uses trackers to keep an eye on your surfing behavior. Because the service does not adhere to the standard "Do Not Track" option, you cannot disable the tracking.
That's everything you need to know about Teleparty, how to use it, and its features. Furthermore, this extension can help you mingle during your sad times while still practicing social distancing; it's absolutely a must-try! Moreover, nothing compares to hanging out with friends, whether in person or virtually.